Unable to update threema 4.56 on Android

Stelle deine Frage öffentlich an die Threema-Forum-Community - über 4.600 Mitglieder helfen dir weiter. > Frage stellen <
  • I installed Threema on my Samsung A50 phone using the license bought from Threema Shop

I am getting the message, update available. I click continue and later getting this message. "Threema cannot update"

Am I missing any settings to proceed with the update within the app /within the phone settings? :?:

• Hi JoGe ,

I think, the Samsung Galaxy A50 has Android 11, right?

I don't know the real root cause, because I have the PlayStore version (not the Threema Shop version).

Try: Mobile phone options... biometrical data and security... unkown apps install... Threema... --> activate

(unfortunately, I don't know the correct name of the settings in Englisch. I only translated the german options so far...)

In case of anyone else can help or has another solution... Please do.

BTW: The explanation on Threema home page is wrong. "Unknown Sources" doesn't exist in Android 11 anymore. Normally you have to allow special apps (e.g. file managers) to install apk files.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Miaz (1. September 2021 um 16:09)

• OK - Ich weiß, dass "handy" in Englisch eigentlich etwas ganz anderes bedeutet 8o , aber in der Eile vergisst man das eben oft, weil sich Denglisch ja sooo cool anhört und sooo verbreitet ist. :D

Bekannte aus den USA haben mir aber gesagt, dass sie schon wissen, wovon die Deutschen dabei reden. ^^

EDIT: Oh... Habe mir gerade Deinen Link angesehen. Diese Bedeutung meinte ich nicht. Ich meinte eher Slang...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Miaz (1. September 2021 um 16:16)