Messages are received to same ID but on alternating Android devices

Stelle deine Frage öffentlich an die Threema-Forum-Community - über 4.600 Mitglieder helfen dir weiter. > Frage stellen <
  • I transferred my ID to a new Android device, but the screen broke and I had to transfer back to the old Android device. Now I receive messages to each device alternating. How can I cancel one ID, or receive messages on one device only?

Thanks

• The problem results from Threema running concurrently on both devices using the same ID.

I’m not an expert on Android, but my advice would be to try to somehow delete Threema from the device with the broken screen in case the device is still usable. Or at least put it into airplane mode in case you don’t need Internet access on the broken device.

• If you're fine with the current data available on your new Android device, you should turn off your old device with the broken display. For this you have to test it yourself or search for the button combination of your device in the internet. It is mostly the power and one volume button - hold them up some seconds (3-10) and your device should power off (it vibrates shortly).

If you had USB debugging enabled, you can connect to it a PC and uninstall the Threema app with adb command. Download it from here: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools (original source)

Another way to disrupt the connection for your old device is to have a look into your internet router and remove the device from the network or disable its access to the internet. But remember: if the powered on device will be used elsewhere where it had access to another WiFi, Threema may connect again to the internet and you're seeing the same message on your new device.