Threema without gapps

Stelle deine Frage öffentlich an die Threema-Forum-Community - über 4.600 Mitglieder helfen dir weiter. > Frage stellen <
  • Hello,

I bought Threema and installed it on my phone by sideloading the apk (I have no gapps on my phone -privacy- ;) ). I use LineageOS 17.1

My wife also bought Threema and has gapps on her phone. When she calls me, I only see it when I open my app. Is there a possibility that Threema (on my gapps-less device) stays open in the background, so I can see my wife's phone calls?

• hi,

as you already suppose, Threema uses Google Play services when the apps runs in the background for Threema calls. For normal messages there is a "Polling" option that can be activated to avoid using the Firebase Cloud Messaging. As far as I know this is normally used for push notification on Google android systems but I doubt that the polling option will solve your problem with threema calls while the app is running in the background.

Unfortunally I have no experiance with Lineage, so I can't give you a solution. Maybe another member of this forum can, otherwise you maybe should contact the offical Threema support.

Beste Grüße

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Drawan (1. Mai 2020 um 15:26)